Wednesday, September 1, 2010

packin up my first weekend away from "home"

Here I sit half a week into my real law school classes and I'm getting ready for Pleasanton weekend.  What is this...my 6th year there?  I'm really looking forward to it; being in school for this ultra short amount of time has already made me realize how much more I appreciate the weekends!  The week days seem to have passed so quickly every night when I finally put my computer to sleep, I want this first year to go by quickly but...not too quickly!

I'm still a little apprehensive and don't know what to expect, even out of myself.  I only have one class tomorrow so I spent less time today than I have in the last two days preparing, even though it is my most difficult class, Civil Procedure.  The professor seemed to be pretty interesting and upbeat in our first class yesterday but he has such a reputation that no matter how many hours I spend preparing for the smallest amount of material I am still scared out of my wits.  My Legal Studies teacher made an interesting remark today about how the first time she really tried at all in anything was law school, and I found it comforting not only to know that she'd succeeded that way but that so had my classmates, who all chuckled in a very knowing way.  I tried enough in undergrad to get by with quite decent grades, so not knowing for sure if I've studied enough is unnerving.  All I can do is my best, while trying to have fun at the same time.

So, in the name of trying to make the most of my long weekend, off I go to restudy my civ pro and property readings for the 4th time.  Enough yet?  When is Friday?

No comments:

Post a Comment